>>Load "About Shattered Space" ....... [OK]
>>Display "About Shattered Space".......[OK]
>>ERROR! File Partially Corrupt. Attempting to fix....[OK]
>>File May be unreadable. Continue?
>>Displaying "About Shattered Space".....
Unlike the rest of the Storyboards here at Forsaken Realms, Shattered Space is not limited by A specific game system such as Whitewolf. Instead, it is limited only by "theme", that of a dramatic space-opera. Characters can be anything, from any system, within reason. For instance, a vampire (from the above example of WW) may exist in space, perhaps in the future of the World Of Darkness(tm). However, chances are, werewolves are NOT going to want to be in the cramped confines of a spaceship for weeks or even years on end. (Not even Glasswalkers, who still require freedom to move around, for the most part.) That is not to say you won't EVER meet a Wolf in space, but the chances are much slimmer (and which one is going to voluteer to leave gia?). Certain undeveloped worlds exist, so you may meet a few "primatives" like the sort you would find in the D&D universe, but again, chances are VERY slim. Try to keep your character within the bounds of possibility. Generally anything goes in this room, but a few rules still exist to make the experiance more enjoyable for everyone:
1. Even though your character can be from any game system, try to keep it within reason, as far as statistics and abilities go. While there may be, and probably ARE high level vampires running around in space and on exotic planets in distant solar systems, Try to keep your generation below 8-9th. (as in, 8+) The same goes for D&D fanatics. While 20th level paladins of light and good and all things holy surely DO exist somewhere, please let that character be an NPC, not an integral part of the story. Try and keep your level below 6, especially for beginning characters.
2. You will have to decide if your character has been in space for a long time or if he or she is just being introduced to it. How do they react? some one from an undeveloped planet might consider him or herself in the hands of powerful wizards, able to travel the stars, while the privateer merchant who has been transversing the galaxy for several years will probably look at everything as sort of ho-hum. Been there. Done that. (at least the day to day space scenes.)
3. The story here doesn't even have to take place in space, that is just an option. It could take place on any number of worlds, or even the journey and exploration of a far away planet. The choice is up to you. However, if some one already has a story going when you decide to post, please do not start your own story. Join the one already in progress. This makes everything flow nicely. You may add to the CURRENT story as you see fit, but remember that the creator has final say.
4. Though we would hope that everyone posting remains in the bounds of decency, that cannot always be the case, especially in an intellegent well written story. Therefore, especially because this board is so open, there may be things which offend you. We appologise in advance, but remember, you were warned. its not our fault.
5. This board, just like the rest of them, uses C&E style writing/gaming. C&E stands for "cause and effect" and basically means this: If your character, BOB, decides to attack another player's character, say... JIM... Then JIM gets to post what happens. For instance, if your post reads "Bob lunges forward and attempts to punch Jim directly in the kidney", The person playing "JIM" gets to then post "However, jim dodges the blow, and returns a spinning kick to Bob's head." Now, keep in mind that your characters are NOT gods. They will NOT be able to dodge every blow. They MAY even die. such things happen. If your character dodges every attack made at him, people will begin to ignore you. you will then be written out of the story. Admittedly, if your character has an 18 in Dex (D&D) or a 5 in Dodge (WW) theres a pretty good chance that most blows won't land. But that doesn't mean he or she is impervious to harm. keep it in mind.....[OK]